Writing Coach Services
Let’s say you’re working on a story, but you could use some help. You’ve come to the right place!
As a writing coach, I work collaboratively with authors to help take their stories to the next level, even as they write.
One-on-One Coaching Options
*Note: Coaching services are now open for 2023.
|Coaching Packages||Tier 1|
The Ultimate VIP
|What’s this?||Single Call||Call + Manuscript Evaluation||Call + Evaluation + Editing|
|Ideal For||One-time, quick advice. |
You’re ready to talk through a particular concern.
|Detailed advice for your story.|
You have some words written and want to get them in front of a coach’s eyes.
|Building your craft and your book one step at a time. |
You want it all! Customized advice plus developmental editing to create your story as you go.
|Call||45-minute call (via Zoom)||45-minute feedback session (via Zoom)||45-minute feedback session (via Zoom)|
|Manuscript Evaluation||Not included||Submit up to 1,000 words (send at least 2 days prior to call) for a customized recommendation.||Submit up to 10,000 words (send at least 2 days prior to call) for a customized recommendation.|
|Editing||Not included||Not included||Developmental editing (on the same submission as the evaluation)|
|Resource Library Access||Yes||Yes||Yes|
(4 calls +
up to 4,000 words total)
(4 calls +
up to 40,000 words total)
|Savings with Monthly vs. Single||$50||$75||$100|
Writing is hard, but it doesn’t have to be.
Let me help you work past whatever’s in your way!
Schedule a free, 15-minute consultation today to see if I’m the right coach for your story.
Publishing extras include:
- Fact-check: Before you submit your work, the final editing stages should include a fact-check to ensure all quotes or information is correct.
- Organization: Editing sometimes requires re-organization, where I move paragraphs and sentences around to help the story in terms of flow or comprehension.
- Formatting: Whether you publish in print or e-formats, your manuscript must be formatted before publication. I might remove line breaks and extra spaces, or re-arrange centered blocks of text.
- Cover design: I partner with a professional graphic designer (who is also my husband), Eric Haines. He is beyond talented.
- Copyright: I can obtain a copyright for your book, but you cover the price. Electronic registration is $55, while the filing fee for a single work from one author is $35.
- Images: Any images, including stock content, may cost extra.
- Ghostwriting: Rewriting, writing small sections, or extensively filling in scenes starts at an extra $1/word, depending on your needs.
Package Payment Options
Pay for your coaching membership one of two ways:
- One-time, upfront payment: A single payment due on the 1st of every month. This option includes the most discounted rates.
- Two payments: Break up your payment with smaller, biweekly payments due on the 1st and 15th of each month. (Available only for monthly packages).
Or, payments are due by the invoice deadline.
Frequently Asked Questions
Get the answers you’re looking for, right here, right now.
What’s Included in Coaching Packages?
Everyone in a coaching program receives:
- Calls: 1:1 calls take place on Zoom via chat, voice, or video chat. You get practical advice to maximize your strengths and address challenges as well as encouragement and honest input. We may share screens, talk strategy, or navigate the complicated publishing industry together.
- Manuscript evaluation: With Tiers 2 & 3, you’ll receive a written review and critique on your project. This is when we’ll assess and discuss any necessary changes to your story.
- Editing: Only available for VIP members, developmental editing is designed to help focus on the big picture stuff in your story. Unlike some editors, I believe focusing on the development of a book can never take place too soon.
- Resources: Unlimited access to our free resource library is available for everyone in a coaching program. You’ll find writing tips, printable worksheets, and more.
- Community: Each package comes with BeWrit’s Writing Community access for group coaching, support, and random questions (Note: We may soon move to Reddit).
What Does a Writing Coach Do For You or Your Story?
How I help varies depending on your needs. You might be looking for:
- Creating goals and deadlines for yourself
- Creating a social media strategy
- Story development
- Character development
- Dialogue flow
- Concept and structure work
- Formatting logistics (eBooks)
- Finding an agent or publisher
- Research on books similar to your idea
- Putting together a book proposal
- Building an author/book platform
- Developing a promotion plan for success
- Challenges/roadblocks you’re facing
- Feedback and pep talks
- Or just writing advice!
We can talk about anything concerning your writing, from figuring out if self-publishing vs. traditional publishing is best for your book to the perfect website copy for your project. Feel free to vent about your fears and concerns if that’s what you need.
I also offer ongoing (monthly) memberships, which save you money if you’re committed to a long-term project.
Schedule a free, 15-minute consultation today to see if I’m the right writing coach for your story.
What Type of Books Do I Work On?
My experience includes short stories, picture books (for children and adults), as well as non-fiction and fiction books. The books I work on center around one thing: life.
Genre-wise, I have experience in:
- Health & Wellbeing
- Self-help & Self-improvement
- Writing & Publishing
- Short Story
- Picture Books
- Historical Fiction
- Mystery & Crime
- Psychological Thriller
- Thriller & Suspense
- Biographies & Memoirs
- Comics & Graphic Novels
- DIY & Crafts
- Home & Garden
- New Age
- Coming of Age
- Women’s Fiction
- Chick Lit