As an entrepreneur, I have a vast skill set. I mainly work as a writing coach or freelance writer and editor.
My experience comes from five years of working as a freelancer, journalist, marketer, writer and editor for hire, and self-publishing guru. Below, you’ll find services and pricing information for:
- Coaching programs
- Self-publishing books
- Fact-checking & researching
- Editing novels, poetry, personal essays, research papers/dissertations, and blog text
- Copyediting newsletters, web copy, ads, whitepapers, case studies, cover letters, & resumes
- Writing journalistic investigation pieces, magazine features, long and short-form articles, eBooks, and book reviews
- Ghostwriting blogs and eBooks
Do you consider yourself a new writer or aspiring author? Are you self publishing your book for the first time? Need more assistance than basic proofreading?
Coaching packages combine editing services with helpful advice and writing craft tips for a complete hybrid, self-publishing, or traditional publishing experience.
Each package is designed to help complete your project faster, saving you time and even more money!
Sign up for a coaching package to save big (versus paying an hourly coaching rate). Prices vary based on your project’s needs.
|Tier 1 – Minimalist||Tier 2 – Guide||Tier 3 – Ultimate VIP|
|Who’s the package for?||For those who only need a minimal double-check before the manuscript is printed and/or accountability.||For writers with some experience and text that needs a bit more work before it hits ink.||For new writers who need help throughout the entire publishing process, from beginning to end.|
|What’s Included?||A hands-off coaching experience.||A 1:1 guide through your writing project.||A mentor, teacher, and accountability partner.|
|Emails||1 check-in||Weekly check-ins||Weekly check-ins|
|Resources||Unlimited 24/7 access to resources and worksheets||Personalized resources and worksheets, delivered biweekly||Personalized resources and worksheets each week|
|Goal Setting & Accountability||Yes, minimally||Yes||Yes, extensive|
|Homework||No||Yes, as needed||Yes|
|Editing||5 hours of proofreading per week||10 hours of moderate line editing per week||10 hours of extensive developmental editing per week|
|Review/Critique||1 written review||2 written reviews, at initial and 2nd edits||4 written reviews, at the project milestones|
|Organization||No||Yes, re-organize small sections as needed||Yes, extensive|
|Formatting||No||Yes, as needed||Yes, extensive|
|Marketing, Publishing, or Author Platform Advice||No||Yes||Yes|
|Estimated Discount %|
(vs. hourly rate)
Writing is hard, but it doesn’t have to be. Let me help you work past whatever baggage is in your way!
Schedule a free 15-minute consultation with me today to see if I’m the right writing coach for you.
Everyone in a coaching program receives:
- Calls: 1:1 calls take place on Zoom via chat, voice, or video chat. You get practical advice to maximize your strengths and address challenges as well as encouragement and honest input. We may share screens, talk strategy, or navigate the complicated publishing industry together.
- Emails: Check-in emails are perfect for quick encouragement, accountability, or questions.
- Resources: Free resources are available for everyone in a coaching program. Tier 2 & 3 gain access to personalized resources, where I add insight specific to generate solutions for your project or address your concerns.
- Community: Each package comes with BeWrit’s Writing Community access for group coaching, support, and asking random questions.
- Goal-setting & accountability: Not only do you gain an accountability partner, I’ll help you set and track actionable writing goals (long and short-term). My advice may include productivity and time management tricks, personalized to keep your creativity flowing.
- Homework: Designed for regular motivation and writing craft advice, your homework could look like personalized info and exercise worksheets on dialogue, character development, story flow, etc. Or, homework may include suggestions for recapturing your joy in writing.
- Editing: The level of editing you need depends on your writing. Every package obtains final proofreading before publication as well.
- Review & critique: At major project milestones, you’ll receive a written review and critique on your project’s progress. This is when we’ll assess and make any necessary changes to your action plan.
- Fact-check: Before you submit your work, the final editing stages should include a fact-check to ensure all quotes or information is correct.
- Organization: Editing sometimes requires re-organization, where I move paragraphs and sentences around to help the story in terms of flow or comprehension.
- Formatting: Whether you publish in print or e-formats, your manuscript must be formatted before publication. I might remove line breaks and extra spaces, or re-arrange centered blocks of text.
- Marketing, Publishing, or Author Platform advice: After you write a book, you need to start thinking about sales. I help you get ready for the publishing process, offer social media advice to market your book, and help you create an author platform to get your book in front of readers. I’ll even suggest agents and publishers you might want to work with, depending on your book.
Package Payment Options
Pay for your coaching membership one of two ways:
- One-time, upfront payment: A single payment due on the 1st of every month. This option includes the most discounted rates.
- Two payments: Break up your payment with smaller, biweekly payments due on the 1st and 15th of each month.
Or, payments are due by invoice deadline.
Sometimes your book needs a bit more. Publishing extras include:
- Cover design: I partner with a professional graphic designer (who is also my husband), Eric Haines. He is beyond talented.
- Copyright: I can obtain a copyright for your book, but you cover the price. Electronic registration is $55, while the filing fee for a single work from one author is $35.
- Images: Any images, including stock content, may cost extra.
- Ghostwriting: Rewriting or writing in small sections, extensively filling in scenes, or full-on writing starts at an extra $1/word, depending on your needs.
Hourly Coaching Services
Prices starting at $75/hour.
Need help working on your WIP? A writing coach encourages and provides assistance throughout the entire process. Think of me as your creativity catalyst.
How I help your project varies. You might need help with:
- Creating set goals and deadlines for yourself
- Story development
- Character development
- Dialogue flow
- Concept and structure work
- Formatting logistics
- Finding an agent or publisher
- Research on books similar to your idea
- Putting together a book proposal
- Building an author/book platform
- Developing a promotion plan for success
- Challenges/roadblocks you’re facing
- Feedback and pep talks
- Or just advice!
All writers gain free information and blog articles from bewrit.com. You also receive exclusive access to PDF worksheets I put together for my clients.
I also offer monthly memberships, which saves you money. Each week, you could sign up for a 1-hour video or phone chat to discuss your project. You may also receive emails or quick check-ins from me.
We can talk about anything concerning your writing, from figuring out if self-publishing vs. traditional publishing is best for your book to the perfect website copy for your project. Feel free to vent about your fears and concerns if that’s what you need.
Schedule a free 15-minute consultation with me today to see if I’m the right writing coach for you.
*Editing is not always included in writing coach services. If you’re interested in a full critique or editing services paired with coaching, check out my coaching package options above. Or, contact Brit for pricing info.
Prices vary based on project and word count, as some copy requires more time.
Research your document to ensure there are no glaring errors before publication. Fact-checking will ensure your content is reliable and accurate every time, which is important in the world of fake news.
$0.02/word or $30/hour
Perfect when you just need a quick review. Proofreading services take place after the document has been fully edited and formatted, ensuring there are no errors. This service will review basic errors and typos.
$0.03-$0.04/word or $40/hour
Copyediting services are a little more in-depth. This service covers basic editing for spelling, punctuation, and grammar plus style and consistency. This includes making sure names, locations, dates, and other style formats are accurate.
$0.05-$0.09/word or $60/hour
Edit for grammar, punctuation, spelling as well as flow, fiction, syntax, readability and awkward phrasing. Minor rewriting and restructuring are also included in this option, and feedback on issues that may affect your book or document’s quality comes along with every page.
$0.07-$0.12/word or $75/hour
Rigorous editing in all areas as well as rewriting, ghostwriting, or restructuring to help fix serious issues. With this service, you receive everything the previous editing services offer — only with much more specialized care and assistance.
I can format your eBook for either Amazon of Print-on-demand (POD), and you can add on your required copyright and ISBN number easily during this process for an added price.
Prices are value-based and start around 5 cents per word.
Every project is different! Prices vary due to the project itself, the amount of time to completion, and the extent of research necessary.
Ghost Writing – Content w/o the Byline
Starting at $0.08/word
I write it, you put your name on it. Articles starting at $40 for 500 words, depending on length and project. Prices for eBook ghostwriting start higher, at $1/word (see below for more info).
Newspaper Articles – Journalism
Starting at $0.08/word
Newspaper writing includes creating a well-informed article on the desired topic, 2 interviews, and necessary research. Please note that layout is an additional cost.
Colorado community-centered articles begin at $60 per article.
Starting at $250/article
Good magazine features focus on engaging issues while informing and persuading readers. They’re meant to influence public opinion, promote critical thinking, and, most importantly, call for action. Articles up to 2,000 words begin at $250.
$60 per article
With technological advances, traditional print newspapers are a thing of the past. Instead, web-based content is designed to streamline information to the masses. Pieces up to 500 words start at $60.
$120 per blog
Whether your goal is to deliver hot news-worthy topics or form strong customer relationships, entertainment is key. People love fun posts. These blogs sometimes include listicles (list-based articles or Top 10 lists) and can deliver fun, engaging content to keep your readers entertained. Blogs up to 1,000 words begin at $120.
Starting at $1/word or $65/hour
Do you want to self-publish, but you just can’t seem to get the words down right? Or do you need a writer to comb through your story and transfer your words into print?
I’m experienced in both! Prices vary based on the project.
$40 per review (base price), up to 500 words.
Are you looking for a more professional copy? No problem!
$60 per blog
Content not only helps your business thrive by enhancing your business’ ability to pop up in search engines, but it also attracts ideal customers to your website and entertains for hours if you maintain and publish fun, shareable content consistently. Posts up to 500 words start at just $60.
Beginning at $250
Email is one of the most easily accessible marketing tools to reach your following and attract potential clients. Without newsletter campaigns, you’re missing a valuable opportunity to gain customer loyalty. Prices start at $250 for long-form monthly newsletters containing up to 2,000 words (layout and sending newsletter contain an additional cost).
$75 per e-letter
Sending short snippets of information about your business, from updates on new products, services, or posts to contests and giveaways, straight to your subscriber’s inbox will keep your clients engaged with your brand. Prices start at $75 for monthly newsletters containing up to 750 words.
Beginning at $100 per page.
Product Descriptions & Catalog Descriptions
Starting at $60 per 500 words.
To contact Brit, send an email to email@example.com or use the form below to find out how she can help your writing or editing needs.